(44) Research and Compare Cruise Prices with Online Cruise Specialists
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Getting the Best Cruise Price and other Cruises topics.
All travel agencies book cruises, but cruise specialists often have access to more specials and amenities than a general travel agency. Examples of perks includes: prepaid gratuities, complimentary shore excursions and shipboard credits. Some of the leading online cruise specialists recommended by frequent cruisers include:
- Cruise Brokers (www.cruisebrokers.com) - one of oldest online cruise agencies
- Cruise.com (ww.cruise.com) - claims to be the largest cruise specialist Website.
- Cruise Marketplace (www.cruisemarketplace.com) - named to Arthur Frommer's “New World of Travel” list as one of nations best cruise specialists.
- Cruise Center (www.cruisecenter.com) - boasts over 10,000 discounted cruises.
- Cruise Deals (www.cruisedeals.com) - owned by Carlson Travel Corp.
Also, check out Cruise Compete (www.cruisecompete.com)
. This Website is a reverse auction site. You choose cruises you are interested in from drop-down menus and many of the above agencies bid for your business. There is no obligation to purchase and it is a great way to compare cruise prices and perks.
Heads Up: When shopping for a cruise or any travel on the Internet; look for a customer service toll-free number. No number? Look elsewhere. It is important to talk directly with agency representatives when there are questions or problems.